Responsibilities: To support and assist the sales force and customer experience team with product demonstrations (online and in person), proposal submissions, technical product knowledge and other functions relating to sales, business development and customer support. The candidate will also be required to deliver online and onsite product training and follow up mentoring/support to potential and existing customers.
Requirements: The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication and teamwork skills. Fine tuned communication skills both verbal and written will be necessary in the delivery of professional presentations, on-line demonstrations, product training, and proposal writing and information requests. The candidate must be technically adept and have extensive computer experience with established skills in MS Word, Excel, and various web-based applications. The ability to perform well under pressure, prioritise tasks, and build strong relationships with opportunities and customers is a must.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience teaching advanced and novice users in an online or classroom environment
- Presentation or Sales experience (must be used to getting up in front of large groups of people, who may or may not be technical)
- Minimum 2 years experience in web development (co-op experience is acceptable)
- C++/Java or some object oriented language
- Database experience (MySQL/Postgress/DB)
- Some XML experience
- Experience with a web scripting language (CGI, PHP, ASP)
Knowledge of web based applications; specifically retail management, eCommerce and financial systems are considered a strong asset. Experience with the following environments is also considered a strong asset: .Net, Linux/Unix, CRM/ERP PeopleSoft/SAP, System integration
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau CA
Travel: up to 80% required
Language: English, additional languages an asset