Zavanti values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with – customers, business partners, investors and staff. In all markets in which we operate we are committed to ensuring that personal information is handled properly by our staff and our service providers, in accordance with local community standards. In individual countries we adopt privacy policies that comply with all local laws and standards.
In Australia, Zavanti Pty Ltd, and other Zavanti companies operating in this market, comply with the National Privacy Principles established under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
We treat information as personal information if an individual person can be identified from that information.
We only collect personal information to the extent that it is necessary. We will collect your personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practicable to do so. At or before collection, we always take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purpose or purposes of collection and the extent to which we may disclose that information. You do not need to give us personal information, but if you don’t, we may not always be able to help you. We will tell you at the time if this is the case.
We will not collect information that is regarded as sensitive under the Privacy Act 1988, such as information regarding your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs, unless you have expressly consented to such collection.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected unless:
- you have expressly or impliedly consented to its further use or disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose it in such a way;
- or we are required by law or are otherwise compelled to disclose such information as permitted in National Privacy Principle 2.
- you have expressly or impliedly consented to its further use or disclosure
We make every effort to ensure the security of personal information we hold. We try to ensure that personal information we collect, disclose and use is complete and accurate. We destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed.
Access and Correction
- require access to any personal information we hold on you;
- wish to notify us of any change, modification or correction;
- or would like to have your personal information removed from our records.
We will require suitable proof of identity from you before we can grant this access or make these changes. If we agree, we will make any changes you request. If we don’t agree to make changes, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.