International Students : Whangaparaoa Primary School
Whangaparaoa Primary School
Computers, Primary School
INFORMATION ON FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT AND
The Whangaparaoa Peninsula (after which the school is named) is a
beautiful area with wide views of sea and surrounding beaches and
In New Zealand, schools are given a rating depending on the
income and education level of the people located in the
surrounding areas nearby. This Decile' rating, ranges from 1
(lowest income areas) to 10 (highest income areas). Whangaparaoa
Primary School has a Decile rating of 9, which suggests that
residents of this area generally enjoy a very good standard of
A handbook on the operation of Whangaparaoa Primary School is
available from the school, however in summary the school offers:
- Classes from Year 1 - Year 6 (NZ) for children from 5 - 11
- A large hall suitable for 600 - 700 people.
- 0.5km from beautiful Manly Beach.
- A well-set up Library plus Internet access, colour laser
printer, scanner etc.
- Networked computer system: several computers in each room
with internet access
- A good range of Audio-Visual equipment including digital
cameras and video editing computers.
- Spacious, well kept grounds with three Adventure
Playgrounds catering for differing age groups.
- Specialist tuition in music, reading and other subjects for
children with Special Abilities.
- Specialised tuition for yachting and kayaking in School
Terms 1 and 4.
- Registered and qualified teaching staff, many with special
skills and professional development in teaching Non-English
- A staff of 35.35 teachers as of Feb, 2010.
- A roll range of approximately 590 - 690 students each
- Teacher-Aides with particular experience and special
courses attended in support for Non-English Speaking
Whangaparaoa Primary School follows the New Zealand Curriculum
in all seven subjects.
- The Arts (Dance, Drama Art, Music)
- Health & Physical Wellbeing
- Social Studies
Beyond this there are many opportunities for children to excel
in other areas such as: -
**Music Lessons in Guitar, Flute, Recorder, Violin, Keyboard,
- Education Outside the Classroom
- Gifted and Talented Education (also known as the GATE
- Sailing and kayaking
- Sports (including: Soccer, Rugby, Rugby League, Hockey,
Cricket, Netball, **Tae Kwon Do, **Judo, **Karate)
** Additional charges may apply to these subjects. Enquire at
the school office for details.
, Primary School