Travelex stores are open every day of the year for all International Arrivals and Departure flights. Over 40 currencies are available, from the most popular currencies to the more exotic.
The Departure Fee can also be paid at Travelex (the international departure charge from Wellington airport is $25 for adults and $10 for children aged 2-12 years. There is no charge for infants under 2 years old).
For currency transactions Travelex accepts: cash, eftpos, Visa, MasterCard, and Diners Club.
For departure fee transactions Travelex accepts: cash, eftpos, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express.
Other Travelex services include:
- Purchase of foreign currency and travellers cheques
- Provision of notes and coins
- Overnight key holding
- Drafts and Western Union Money Transfers
- Electronic bank transfers
- Security cash in transit collections
- Coin Services - Travelex accepts all Australian coins at Wellington Airport. No other foreign currency coins are accepted.
In partnership with Kiwibank, Travelex on level 1 Main Terminal offers the following banking services at Wellington Airport:
- New bank account openings
- Deposits and withdrawals
- Credit and debit card applications
- Account maintenance (i.e. account enquiries, direct credit facilities, inter-account transfers)
- Home and other loan referrals
In partnership with New Zealand Post, Travelex on Level 1 Main Terminal offers the following postal products and services at Wellington Airport:
- Sending solutions (i.e. domestic and international, pre-paid envelopes, postal packaging)
- Bill payments
- Domestic Money Orders
The following ATMs are available at Wellington Airport:
- ANZ – located after check in and in the Southern Pier, both on level 1
- Kiwibank – located opposite International Departures on level 1 and by Baggage Claim on level 0
- Westpac – located by Gate 10 on level 1