Services - A to Z

By: Victoria University of Wellington  06-Dec-2011

Who decides when a room needs painting?

The condition of paintwork in specific areas is assessed on a regular basis. Depending on the availability of funds, the use of the area, age, the overall condition, etc, an area may be programmed for painting by Campus Services. If you have any upcoming office moves/changes, this may be an ideal time to assess and improve the condition of painted surfaces, i.e. when furniture is shifted and shelves have been removed from the walls. Please contact the


All buildings are generally scheduled for repainting every 10-15 years, but this period will vary according to usage, etc.

Who arranges the painting?
Are there colour restrictions?

Internal colour schemes for Faculties, Schools and buildings have been developed by the University. Colour schemes for the exterior of buildings have also been standardised. Campus Services will liaise with individual schools and divisions if they plan a change or where there has been a special request for some change.

Contact Victoria University of Wellington

Email - none provided

Print this page