AMINZ offers a range of services for members of the
public, businesses and public sector organizations.
- Free referrals and information.
- Free assistance in selecting a dispute resolution
- Panels which the public can search to find a dispute
resolution practitioner at no charge.
- An appointment and nomination service of dispute
resolution professionals to resolve certain types of
- Education and training in dispute resolution to
individuals and organizations.
- In-house training programmes specifically tailored to
- Members who will speak to your organisation about dispute
Nomination and Appointments
AMINZ maintains Panels and Lists of suitably qualified and
experienced arbitrators, mediators, adjudicators and other
dispute resolution specialists who have met rigorous standards
and are available for appointment when parties are seeking a
professional to help settle a dispute.
The terms and engagement for Panel and List members,
including fees, are negotiated and agreed with the nominee or
appointee prior to appointment.
Some contracts and statutes list AMINZ as the appointing
authority for the purposes of appointing the arbitrator,
mediator or adjudicator when parties are unable to agree. On
these occasions AMINZ usually charges the requesting party a
processing fee for making an appointment.
The appointee acts in his or her own right and is not an
agent or representative of the Institute.