Counselling support – what is it?
Free counselling support is available for people affected by the earthquakes. You might want to know what to expect, to decide if it will be useful for you.
The focus is on helping people cope with what’s happening now. It is a very practical approach based on what you need. Some of the common areas people have looked at are:
· Ways to calm yourself if you feel worried or afraid.
· Thinking through your next steps.
· What helps life to feel as normal as it can be at the moment.
· Ways to help your kids cope.
· Ways to cope with stress and feel less irritable.
· Reassurance that feeling worried and stressed is to be expected in these circumstances. It doesn’t have to stop you dealing with the situation.
If you want some practical counselling support:
- Ring Relationships Aotearoa on 03 741 9201 or 0800 RELATE (0800 735 283)