“Don’t let tax drive your decisions - make decisions for commercial and personal reasons - however always make tax an important part of your decisions.”
We provide specialist tax advice rather than general accounting services such as financial statements, tax returns and other compliance assistance.
Public practice accountants, lawyers and other professionals refer their clients’ more complex tax matters to us for independent and expert assistance.
Inland Revenue has published very little in the way of expected conduct of staff.
- Unsure about tax issues concerning various property or other asset transactions
- Moving or investing to or from New Zealand and want to ensure any tax liabilities are minimised across the countries concerned
- Paying more tax than is appropriate
- Need an advocate to represent your best position
- IRD making unreasonable demands
For a proposed code of conduct, see the document attached below
- Follow the links below to find out more about some of the work we have undertaken:
IRD’s job is not to be fair – it is to collect tax.
(Refer the 1999 Cabinet Financial and Expenditure Committee of Inquiry into the powers and operations of the Inland Revenue Department.).
“Unlike IRD we are here to help you pay no more tax than is appropriate. “
tax avoidance penalties negotiation advocacy disputes notice of response NOPA
tax returns refund UOMI use of money interest kiwisaver PIEs trusts tax rates
FIF regime double tax treaty australia
builders subdivision exemption exemptions depreciation leaky buildings nomination clauses