Telecom Application Server
At the heart of the Rhino product suite is the real-time Telecom Application Server (TAS) which is designed and optimised for event driven (i.e. asynchronous) communications applications. The Rhino real-time TAS (also commonly referred to as a JSLEE Container) is a standards compliant platform that supports, manages and executes portable, carrier grade telecommunication services.
The Rhino Telecom Application Server is compliant with the JAIN SLEE 1.1 standard and implements all features of the JAIN SLEE 1.1 specification (including those features listed as optional). Rhino has been designed from first principles to support the requirements of the most demanding carrier grade solutions, regardless of the underlying
Just as J2EE provides a run-time container with capabilities suited to enterprise applications, so JSLEE provides a run-time environment explicitly designed to meet the exacting needs of telecom applications.
The Rhino Platform
Principal Elements of the Rhino Product Suite
- Network Exposure – RESTful APIs of VAS enablers for integration with other IT systems and for creating hybrid IT/telecom services
- Rhino JAIN SLEE Service Runtime Environment – A low-latency, high throughput execution environment for event and session-based services. Rhino provides an in-memory database for low-latency read/write access to data.
- Resource Adaptor Architecture –
An extensible plug-in architecture that provides for multiple network, protocol and enterprise technologies to be "plugged
into" the platform.
- Savanna Carrier-grade framework – this provides the “5 x 9”s capability of the platform,
including service and platform fail-over, on-line upgrade, scalability and availability by clustering, distributed memory
management, lock management etc.
- Rhino Element Manager – A graphical management interface for managing all aspects of Rhino that easily integrates into an operators Network Management System
Supports IP and SS7 network protocols
Unlike many other technologies, OpenCloud Rhino provides an
“in-call” application server environment for both SS7 and SIP-based networks.