Good strategic planning gets people excited about your organisation.
Finding out what people think and need, researching great ideas from
staff and communities and translating them into a coherent strategic plan can be challenging.
Development Action can help you at all steps of the strategic planning process, from designing a methodology for community, staff and board involvement, to exploring and evaluating what your stakeholders think of your organisation's past strategic plans. We can even help identify gaps that need research and guide you through the process of filling those gaps.
Development Action thinks good strategic plans are:
- easy to read, accessible by staff and boards alike
- useful documents that help managers
- well informed with "unknowns" clearly highlighted
- REALISTIC, and attuned to the purpose and strengths of an organisation
- well written with proper structure that links directly to yearly operational plans and monitoring and evaluation plans