CDP has significant experience in the design, development, implementation and support of performance management solutions. We have implemented over 200 business intelligence sites, 60 enterprise planning, with a number incorporating data warehouse systems. CDP has undoubtedly the most experienced team available in New Zealand for the implementation of IBM Cognos software.
Sharing new information, being responsive to change, and working through problems & solutions together are part of our service responsibility in providing a reliable, complete services program. That is why we put as much effort into a comprehensive software services program as we do into the software provision.
CDP's consulting team is vastly experienced in planning, developing & deploying a complete range of performance management solutions. Whether you need help with planning & project strategy, solution & technical architecture, implementation assistance, or a project delivery team, our service professionals will work with you to transfer knowledge while ensuring your IBM Cognos solution is quickly up and running and delivering fast return on your investment.
CDP has managed many performance projects throughout mainly New Zealand but also in offshore markets, and it is this experience that anchors every project we undertake. Knowing what it takes to make performance projects work and armed with this extensive expertise, we utilise a five-phase delivery method that leverages our knowledge and experience.
Our delivery method addresses the project’s entire lifecycle, is based on proven best practices, and speeds delivery while greatly reducing project risk.
The CDP delivery method is based on the time-tested IBM Cognos approach to performance management success that ensures that the customer’s performance management solution delivers the business advantage they want, every step of the way, on time and on budget.
The application of procedures, methodology and standards has been clearly shown to reduce project risks, uncertainty and the impact of issues.
Our guiding methodology principles include:
- Balancing the competing project demands of scope, time, cost, quality & risk
- Quality gates & reviews to allow milestone tracking & phase containment of issues
- Scalability of the approach across varying project sizes & types
Our ensuing methodology benefits include:
- Improvement of solution delivery
- Optimisation of limited resources
- Provision of measurements of project success
- Making life easier for the project team through well-principled structure
Essentially our approach defines the project through a requirements scope, decomposes that scope into the lowest-level complexities, sets out the core testing & project controls and utilises an iterative design & build approach to deliver a signed-off system.
Shortcutting any aspects of the approach simply introduces a greater degree of risk around change & issue management.
The process is based on the following phases:
- Define. The early part of a project involves understanding the requirements including the type of work done in the organisation and what is expected from the implementation. Deliverables: a High Level Activity Plan that brings together the requirements and gives the opportunity to choose the next course of action.
- Plan and Manage. Using the high-level activity plan developed in the Define phase the detailed planning now occurs. Deliverable: A detailed project plan and including a Quality Plan, Project Controls and a Communication Strategy.
- Design. During this phase the products are installed and configured. Then a design is completed. This design phase will be used as the foundation for the applications that are built during the Build phase. Deliverables: A Functional Design document, a Physical Design document and a Technical Architecture summary.
- Develop. When the initial design requirements are established, the work begins on the implementation of the applications. Building and testing the models, portals, and infrastructure. Deliverables: Applications.
- Deploy. Here the integration of application is completed. Documentation of the application and all supporting processes produced and a Go Forward statement agreed. Deliverables: A Maintenance Plan for future reference as well as a Go Forward Plan detailing agreed actions for ongoing development, training, support. A formal Review and Close Out process will also be completed.