The Black Box Backup technology strategy is simple.
Black Box Backup uses the best of
breed software components, combined with industry standard and
industrial strength commodity hardware. Our world class software and
hardware architecture provides scalability, reliability and cost
advantages that are among the best in the world.
By configuring two key OpenSolaris
technologies for optimal functionality (ZFS and RAIDZ) we have
implemented the most robust storage system available in anywhere in the
We achieve superior data integrity
over all hardware RAID controllers, without any of the cost. This is
essential to prevent data corruption due to the very high “bit density”
resulting from using encryption and data compression, multiplied by the
huge data volumes we are storing.
Security of data is provided for by
the replication and encryption facilities which are an inherent part of
the backup software and all data is hosted in Tier 3+ Data Centres.
Scalability is achieved by simply
adding more servers and storage as required which is efficiently
designed and catered for in both the hardware and software architecture
and any single choke points is eliminated.
Supermicro servers, which are
considered among the best in the world, are used for the storage back
end and server software components.
All of the above has been then been
combined with the award winning and world class Attix5 software, which
was designed and built to deliver a disk to disk backup solution which
operated efficiently and reliably over the internet and corporate WANs.
Some of the key features of Attix5 are;
- Supports Windows, Mac OS X and Linux platforms, to broaden the potential user base
- Offers secure end-to-end encryption, protecting the client’s data from eavesdropping both in transit and in storage.
- Compression of files speeds up internet transfers and reduces back-end storage requirements
- Only changed data is backed up. Delta
transfers, meaning only modified parts of files are backed up saving
time, internet bandwidth and traffic charges
- Intelligent plug-ins for backing up
complex services such as MS Exchange and SQL Servers, without
interrupting service to end users, will ensure the widest acceptance and
broadest potential client base.
- Combined data backup and off-site storage is installed in one automated step.
- Intelligent file inclusion and exclusion filters facilitate rapid, transparent backups, even over low-speed connections.
- Version control - Data can be recovered from previously backed up states, allowing file and system state rollbacks.
- Advanced scheduling allows multiple backups and different data selections per day.
- Remote WebAccess enables anywhere, any time recovery and includes a briefcase facility.