While you are studying at UCOL you can take advantage of support available to you via our extensive student support services. We have a network of experienced coaches and counselling staff to support and help you, working in partnership with your lecturers.
Our support staff help you improve your learning skills so that you can succeed in your studies. We provide a friendly environment where you can relax while you get the advice you need.
These services are available on each of our campuses. On the Palmerston North campus the Faye Garnham Centre (FGC) is the place to go if you want to improve your study outcomes. There are also dedicated staff available in support centres at the Whanganui campus and a special centre at the Wairarapa campus.
Chaplains at UCOL
UCOL Chaplaincy is offered to all staff and students, to support you through your time at UCOL. Pastoral and spiritual care and a listening ear are offered, without prejudice to race, gender, culture or belief. It is accessible, impartial and confidential. We would love to meet with you
- A listening presence and support from everyday matters to stress or crisis
- Informal discussions about issues of faith and life
- Occasional retreats/camps/time-out
- A connection with local worshipping communities
- Opportunities to connect with other students and staff who are interested in faith/spirituality
- Resources for reading, listening and reflection
- UCOL Christian Staff Network
How do you get in touch with the nearest study support?
Go to the Information Centre, Block 1, entrance off King Street or from the Learning Hub. Alternatively go to the Faye Garnham Centre (entrance off the Learning Hub)
Visit the Learning Hub or phone 06 965 3800 ext 60760
Go to Reception or phone 06 946 2301 extn 72076