If you're using a portable gas appliance, remember:
- only use appliances that are in good condition
- always follow the manufacturer's instructions
- when cooking, give your flame space to burn. It should only just reach the bottom of the pot.
- do not use appliances if they are giving off a smell as this indicates leaking gas or emissions linked to carbon monoxide poisoning
- if your appliance is malfunctioning, stop using it.
Only use outdoor appliances, such as camping cookers, barbecues and patio heaters outdoors, in well-ventilated areas.
As these appliances are not built to indoor appliance specifications, they do not have safety systems that shut off the gas supply when oxygen levels and high levels of carbon monoxide are present. Consequently indoor use presents a risk of fire or carbon monoxide poisoning.
In the unlikely event of a gas leak occurring, a well-ventilated area will allow escaping gas to disperse. Then call a Craftsman Gasfitter to inspect the appliance