(Me Ngākau Mōhio ki te Riri – Programme for Wāhine Māori)
This seven session programme is offered to wāhine Māori who feel that their anger is out of control and is affecting their relationships with tamariki, partners, whānau, and their quality of life. The programme will assist to identify the anger triggers and then develops strategies to keep those triggers from causing an angry response. Sessions are 2½ hours long each week.
- Session One: Whakapapa/Whakawhanaungatanga
- Importance of knowing where we come from and in some instances where we are going
- Our place and role in the family
- Do we carry some past hurts or anguish?
- Did my role contribute to my anger?
Model - Genogram
- Session Two:
- Where did the Anger come from?
- Why do I react this way?
- Session Three:
- What is an option?
- How to choose another option
- The effect Anger has on the environment
- How to self assess
Model - Wairua
- Session Four:
- Session Five:
- When to be Angry
- Using Anger to improve your life
Model - Te Rito
- Session Six:
- Recognising time for change
- Building support for change
- Cost and benefits of change
Model - Waitangi Wheel
- Session Seven:
Model - Filling the Gaps
Presentation of each participant's Pepeha
Presentation of each participant's Power Matrix