Faster Stroke Recovery
Able-X is an award winning arm exercise system, especially designed for stroke and neurological recovery. The system uses computer games to keep the user fully absorbed and entertained. The system complements traditional therapy and can be used in the any environment, especially at home.
The product was formally tested on chronic stroke patients at Otago School of Medicine and all users gained benefits, some more than others. These include:
· ability to use both hands on steering wheel;
· ability to tie shoelaces;
· eat with both hands;
· better control in shower;
· better body balance;
· more control of wheelchair.
· All uses mentioned an improvement to memory and concentration
Users were assessed before the trial and after the trial of 9 sessions (1 hour each).