Placed correctly, McDonald's RaceFines™ are a very cost effective material for dairy races, tanker tracks and as a base for driveways.
The product is a 6mm all in product that has been drilled, blasted and crushed.
For best results when constructing a dairy race the following procedure should be followed:
- Race edges should be cleaned to allow drainage
- Form the base with our Base Coarse or a hard rotten rock type material
- Shape the base so that you achieve approximately a 3% cross fall to shed water
- Spread RaceFines™ over the top to a depth of 50 - 75mm (maximum)
- Roll material with a heavy static roller or use a back blade to compact surface
- Dampen material as rolling is commenced
- Continue compacting until RaceFines™ material is locked into base course
- Surface achieved should be hard and tight
- If the above procedures are followed then you should end up with tightly compacted durable race.
- Apply more than 75mm of RaceFines™ as this will produce soft spots that will pothole
- Do not apply over a sand, clay or pumice type base
Please note: this information is a guide only and McDonald's Lime Limited accepts no responsibility or liability should the race fail to meet your expectations.