Community Garden | www.tekaakano.co.nz
Gardens, Composting Toilet
The community garden was established over 10 years ago and Desert Spring has been facilitating the running of the garden since 2007 in response to requests from local whanau who wanted to learn to grow their own vegetables and re-connect with the land.
Specifically the garden was set up to include children, youth, elderly and people with disabilities who need a space to develop skills and learning opportunities.
What we are doing and how you can help us:
- Permaculture workshops
- Create and develop new gardens using recycled materials
- Grow native seedlings from seed and cuttings
- Collect vegetable seeds
- Grow vegetable seedlings
- Native seed raising workshops with partner organisations
- Creative projects – a mosaic is on the agenda – painting and drawing materials available for kids and adults!
- Building projects - a composting toilet is being built in spring and new compost bins are being planned… and a worm farm has just being completed.
Contact Te Kaakano
Email - none provided
Print this page