Hamilton Childcare Services Trust offers 20 Hours ECE (Free childcare) in each of its services.
- 20 Hours ECE is not income tested. All families with three and four year old children qualify regardless of family income.
- Early childhood services can choose to be part of the scheme or not Lintotts, Camellia and Homebased Childcare all proudly offer 20 Hours ECE.
- In our centres our credit for free saves families up to $112 per week in fees, and in Homebased Childcare up to $98 per week.
- If your child is enrolled in two services you can elect how many hours goes to each service as Free. You could share it between services or select one of the services to receive the total 20 hours.
- You can continue to get WINZ Childcare Subsidy for any hours above the 20 Free (WINZ Childcare Subsidy is income tested).
- Services cannot charge fees for the 20 hours ECE, but services can request optional charges or donations.
We do not have optional top-up fees or optional hourly rates. Our only optional charges are for things parents may choose us to provide as extras like breakfasts/evening meals or for travel to pick children up from Kindergarten (in Homebased Childcare).
We have our own information brochure on Free ECE we can post you if you contact us, but you can also go to the Ministry of Education site via our Links page for more info.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011