Sugaring vs. Waxing.
We are very excited to provide "Sugaring" as an alternative to hot and strip waxing. Sugaring is a method of hair removal that removes hair without the usual pain associated with wax hair removal. We apply the sugar "gel" with a disposable spatula, and then remove it with a strip. We love this system as it is far less painful, quicker, more gentle on the skin for faster recovery and it is so natural it is edible! 100% of our regular "Brazilian" clients choose sugaring over waxing. More Facts about Sugaring
Sugar gel is made from:
- Kiwifruit nectar
- Aloe Vera extract
- Manuka honey (naturally antibacterial)
- Citric acid
- Lemon juice
- Fragrance (nature identical)
- Mica (naturally occurring mineral)
- Potassium sorbate (an edible, food-grade preservative)
Sugar gel is water soluble. In clinic, this means that we simply use a cool compress to wipe off any sticky residue.
Sugaring is able to be performed at a much lower temperature than wax, it is suitable for sensitive skin and it can be used as an alternative for waxing on all areas.
Pharo sugaring gel is biodegradable, the empty cartridges are recyclable and it is made in New Zealand.
We are constantly seeking feedback from our clients regarding their sugaring treatments. Some of our clients' responses:
- "it is way less painful"
- "my skin feels softer and smoother"
- "it smells divine"
- "it doesn't leave my skin "smarting" like wax does"
- "it was nowhere near as red as I usually go"
- "the whole process was a lot quicker"
- "I would never go back to waxing"
We'd love you to give sugaring a go! If you would like to read more about sugaring, please go to www.pharobeauty.com What's the difference between a Brazilian and a Hollywood?
A "Brazilian" is commonly known to be the removal of all pubic hair from front to backside, however a true Brazilian is where a small triangle, or "landing strip" of hair is left on the front. (Full removal is actually a "Hollywood".) What about the other areas?
As well as the usual hair removal of legs, arms, underarms, backs, chests and buttocks, we offer:
- Bikini tidy: To remove the strays that show outside the front and inner thigh of the normal knicker or bikini line.
- Extended bikini: Removes any hair that would be showing outside the line of your g.string.
- Brazilian: Complete removal of all the pubic hair from the front, through the middle and right around to the bottom. (Just let us know if you would like a strip left).
(We are happy to remove snail trails as part of any other bikini/brazilian service for no extra charge, just ask).