Look after your systems, and they'll look after you!
Like humans, your systems need regular check ups to ensure top performance.
At VIP, we understand this and have created our health checks to proactively monitor and ensure that your systems are operating at optimal efficiency. That way, you can rely on them to fulfill your business goals while adhering to best practices.
VIP's newly designed VMware health check provides feasibility confirmation in addition to continual monitoring of systems in production. The VMware health check audits and verifies the following:
- Proposed or current hardware configuration.
- ESX configuration
- Virtual Machine configurations
- Disaster recovery procedures (optional)
- Operational monitoring integration of the VMware environment
- VMware service delivery and operational practices (i.e. configuration management, virtual machine sizing, virtual machine deployment across physical machines etc).
- Physical to virtual migration (optional)
- Performance counters (optional)
- Virtualisation suitability (optional)
VIP recommends that a Health Check be conducted in the following situations:
- Prior to the environment being implemented into production.
- After major upgrades.
- When stability or performance concerns start to occur.
- Periodically 1-2 times a year.