Personal Telepresence with Immersive Interactions and unprecedented flexibility at 10% of the cost of traditional solutions
VidyoPanorama is the industry’s first affordable telepresence solution that delivers truly immersive interactions on up to 20 screens of 1080p at 60fps resolution at 10% the cost of current telepresence solutions. It redefines the traditional telepresence paradigm and price points to usher in a new era of universal video communications that is also affordable. Companies can now empower their employees to work from anywhere there is an Internet connection and promote a higher level of collaboration with high quality video conferencing using mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, Android), PCs (Win, Mac, Linux), room systems, and immersive telepresence rooms.
For too long, customers have been constrained by excessively expensive, inflexible immersive telepresence solutions which provide experiences that are far from immersive. A typical deployment costs $1 million when factoring in the network and ongoing maintenance costs. Even after that expense, the experience is not truly immersive and often imperfect due to limited screen space, and high video latency and poor video quality when incorporating mobile and PC endpoints.
VidyoPanorama overcomes these limitations by leveraging Vidyo’s patented Adaptive Video Layering, which dynamically optimizes the video for each endpoint. VidyoPanorama is available for beta evaluation in Aug and will be generally available in Q4 2011.
Key features include:
- Up to 1080p 60 fps on up to 201 displays costing as little as $4,500 per screen
- HD video conferencing over the Internet or general data networks
- Bandwidth efficiency delivering HD video conferencing starting at 500 kbps per screen
- HD multipoint video conferencing with mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android) and PCs (Win, Mac, Linux) without an MCU
- Operations management center for manufacturing or supply chain management
- Command center for disaster recovery efforts or military applications
- Patient monitoring in a doctor’s or nurse’s station at a hospital
- Distance learning with multiple experts or lecturers for remote or rural communities
- Virtual trading rooms for financial services to coordinate strategies across geographies in real time
What people are saying:
“Cost has been the single biggest barrier to the adoption of telepresence, and when these systems were first introduced IT had no option if it wanted high quality resolution than to rebuild their network. Vidyo is now introducing another breakthrough with their world-class multipoint personal telepresence that is economically within reach and offers tremendous flexibility in terms of the number of screens and other form factors. Companies who believe that telepresence is beyond their budgets should revisit that decision with VidyoPanorama.”
Yankee Group – Zeus Kerravala
“The video communications market is subject to many of the effects of traditional technology: Moore’s Law will see the cost of endpoints and infrastructure come down. Advances in technology will improve the quality of the experience, while reducing the bandwidth needed in the network. For personal video communications to take off to the extent predicted, a dramatic change in cost base is necessary.”
Gartner Research – Scott Morrison
1: Q4 release will support up to nine displays with support for 20 displays coming early in 2012