NuPave. An acrylic-based floor coating for high impact areas
- Technical Info
Ultra-NuPave is an acrylic-based floor coating for high impact areas.
The product's principal characteristic is to build high films that cover irregular surfaces. Similar to the other Ultralast products, Ultra-NuPave has good waterproofing qualities.
Ultra-NuPave A/S (anti slip) has excellent abrasion resistance ideal for vibrating structures, and is nontoxic.
Ultra-NuPave A/S flooring product recently underwent Anticorrosion and Slip testing by CSIRO, at the request of both the NSW State Rail Authority and Woolworths. The tests produced a remarkable result: a rating of R12, making Ultra-NuPave A/S the first coating ever to achieve this rating, previously only possible with tiles. CSIRO Test Report No. 4149s certifies slip resistance classification of new pedestrian surface material (Ultra-NuPave A/S) at a mean overall acceptance angle of 30.7°, officially achieving the R12 rating.
- High film builds to cover irregular surfaces
- Good impact resistance. Suitable for floor surfaces
- Good waterproofing qualities
- Has excellent abrasion resistance ideal for vibrating structures i.e. bridges and airports
- Non-toxic and ZERO V.O.C.
- Restaurants / Cafes can be painted directly over vinyl or ceramic tiles in high-traffic areas where health and safety are paramount. Ultra-NuPave A/S is CSIRO R12 rated but not too rough a surface to prevent effective cleaning.
- Public walkways / thorough fares, bike paths - Ideal grip is provided without the risk of too rough a surface that may tear skin should a fall occur.
- Factories / Food production - a courser version is available where food fats and oils create build up on factory floors
Supplied ready for application. Stir contents thoroughly before application. Clean equipment with water before touch dry state. If the Ultra-NuPave is applied to thick, there will be cracks. If it is necessary that the Ultra-NuPave must be a thick application, it should be done in layers.
Ensure all traces of loose friable materials; dirt, oil, and debris are removed. Freshly cast conventional screeds must be allowed to dry thoroughly before application of Ultra-BondFirst and Ultra-NuPave. Bulk concrete to cure for 28 days minimum before application. Surfaces to be primed with Ultra-BondFirst.
- Storage and application
- Room (moderate) temperature, tightly closed (sealed)
- Must not be thinned
- Solids (%) by mass
- Minimum 90%
- Solids (%) by volume
- Minimum 95%
- Flash point
- Waterborne and not flammable
- Shelf and pot life
- 2 years +
- Minimum of 1 mm
- Drying time
- At 20°C and 1mm - Touch dry (30 minutes) Full cure (24 hours)
- Spreading rate
- 1 litre per m2 at 1mm thickness (recommended)
Minimum 1 litre per 4m2 at 250µm thickness
Clean all equipment thoroughly with water immediately after use.
Keep containers well sealed.
Store at moderate temperatures.