H2n - Handy Recorder
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- High-Speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries
- Optional accessory package (APH-2n) includes remote control with extension cable, windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and a mic clip adapter.
The H2n features Zoom's best microphones yet and is the only portable recorder with five mic capsules onboard. This design enables the H2n to offer four unique recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel surround sound.
The H2n is the first handheld recorder to offer Mid-Side stereo recording, a technique used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambiance and surrounding noise are crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a uni-directional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bi-directional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right. By increasing or decreasing the level of the Side mic, you can control the width of the stereo field, which gives you incredible flexibility over your recordings. If you record in RAW mode, you can even adjust the stereo width after recording.
The H2ns onboard 90° X/Y stereo condenser mics are arranged with the right and left mics on the same axis. This design ensures that the mics are always equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting. X/Y mics capture remarkable stereo depth and clarity. The result is brilliant stereo recording with natural depth and accurate imaging.
Using the H2ns Mid-Side and X/Y mics together, you can create 360° surround sound recordings. Choose between 2-channel mode, which combines the Mid-Side and X/Y mics, and 4-channel mode, which records two separate stereo files, allowing you even more post-production capability.
The H2n is remarkably easy to use. With its newly designed user interface, critical controls are right at your fingertips and make studio-quality recording a breeze.The H2n also houses comprehensive functions including Auto-Gain, a compressor/limiter, time stamping and more.
Never again will you have to worry about losing recorded data to unexpected errors. The H2n has you covered with its new data recovery function. Whether you experience battery loss or an accidental power-down, this feature will automatically restore your data the next time the H2n is powered on.
The H2n provides over 20 hours of continuous operation on just two standard AA alkaline batteries enhancing the H2ns flexibility and convenience. In addition, the H2n can also operate using an AC adapter, which is included in the optional APH-2n Accessory Pack.
The H2n's 1.8-inch backlit LCD display (128 x 64 resolution) provides crystal-clear monitoring and makes it simple to navigate all of the units functions.
Digital volume controls offer too much or too little gain, with no middle ground. The H2ns Mic Gain wheel allows you to dial-in the perfect amount of gain for any given application.
The H2ns built-in reference speaker lets you know your recordings have been captured. With its 1/8-inch stereo output, you can also playback your recordings on your audio system or listen to your masterpiece using headphones.
The H2n uses SD/SDHC cards and can accommodate up to a 32GB SDHC card for over 50 hours of recording time using the 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV format. With 128kbps MP3 format, you get 555 hours of stereo recording. The H2n comes with a 2GB SD card.
Use the H2ns High-Speed USB 2.0 interface to transfer files to your Mac or PC. Once your recordings are on your computer, you can easily store, edit, playback and share your favorite creations. You can even use the H2n as a USB microphone, letting you record directly to your computer.
Steinbergs WaveLab LE 7 can be used for audio editing and professional-quality mastering. By using its precise waveform editing and high-quality processing, you can refine your recordings into finished works.
The H2n accessory package (APH-2n) is also available with a variety of accessories that make it easier for you to capture your recordings. The accessory kit includes a wired remote control with an extension cable, windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and mic clip adapter.
The H2ns wired remote can be used to start, stop and pause recordings, as well as to add marks. Its also useful in preventing handling noise.