More than 12 months have passed since Ian and Mairi Barrett's acceptance by tranzsend to work in South Asia. It has been a process of faith and testing for their journey to South Asia. We now see the journey as taking significantly longer than they, and we at tranzsend, had anticipated. Ian and Mairi are dealing with some financial and business issues that are particularly challenging in the light of the economic climate.
As it stands, there is no immediate solution. They have decided to delay their departure for an indefinite period. They live in faith that it's the Lord's timing. It is possible that Ian and Mairi's situation could change in a very short space of time, in which case they could leave New Zealand as soon as they have raised their required Team Support.
Some people have already begun to give regularly to their Team Support. This money will be held in trust in our tranzsend bank account until the Barretts are ready to leave. If you are able to continue your support, that would be greatly appreciated. However we realize that some may not be able to do so and we understand if you would prefer not to at this time. If you are currently supporting the Barretts financially and would like to talk with me about this, please don't hesitate to make contact with the tranzsend office.
Please continue to pray with us that Ian and Mairi's situation will quickly be resolved and that they will soon be on their way to South Asia.