Town & Country Law
Town And Country Law
- Residential Conveyancing
Buying or selling a house can be a stressful experience. We endeavour to make sure that all you have to worry about is packing and unpacking. We can review the agreement for you, advise you on the title and will take care of all the paper work and other matters to effect settlement.
- Rural conveyancing
- Commercial conveyancing
- Easement issues/boundary re alignments
- Unit titles
- Advising on the appropriate business structure
- Sale and purchase of businesses
- Leases - for landlord and tenant
- Formation of a company
We can discuss with you the pros and cons of setting up a company and the related matters such as shareholder agreements, company constitution and the directors' resolutions.
- LAQCs (Loss Attributing Qualifying Company)
There may be tax benefits for you in setting up an LAQC.
- Relationship property - we can help you divide relationship property at the end of your relationship or help you enter into an agreement to protect your property during your relationship. Relationship property issues are rarely straight forward. They should always be considered when estate planning.
- Parenting Agreements and Orders
The care of children arrangements are the most important matter after separation. We work with you to achieve an outcome in your child's best interests - whether through the court process or by negotiation.
- Domestic violence - Protection, occupation and property orders
We can treat these matters with the urgency required whether you have to apply for an order or consider options in replying to one.
- Spousal maintenance and child support
WILLS AND DECEASED ESTATES
- Drafting Wills
It is important to have an up to date will. Whilst your wishes should be the final word this is not always the case and we can discuss with you possible claims against your estate to ensure that the chances of your will being overridden are minor. Everyone should review their will regularly and ensure that their will is not made redundant by events such as marriage.
- Administering Estates
We act in the administering of estates and will be sensitive at this difficult time.
- Family protection claims
We can advise on the chances of success of challenging a will or advise on how to respond to any challenge. We can advise you and represent you in court.
TRUSTS AND ASSET PLANNING
- Formation of Trusts
There are many reasons why a trust may be beneficial including relationship property matters, preserving assets for the next generation, protection from creditors. The sooner a trust is set up the better.
- Trust Administration
It is important to ensure that once a trust is set up it is properly administered or the purpose of the trust may be lost. We will help you with this.
- Family Arrangements
There are a myriad of arrangements that you may wish to enter into to protect your assets or interests. We can prepare Deeds and agreements for you and discuss options with you.
LAW FOR THE ELDERLY
- Enduring powers of attorney
Appointing an attorney for property and welfare matters means you get to choose who looks after your affairs when you cannot.
- Applications for a property manager or welfare guardian
If there is no enduring power of attorney an application may need to be made to the family court for a manager or guardian.
- Rest home licences
It is always important to get legal advice before entering into a contract. This is especially so where it relates to your home and welfare.
- If you have been disqualified from driving you may apply to the Court for a limited licence to get to and from work or to relieve other hardship. Talk to us about this.