The Quiet Revolution Cycle Shop - services
The Quiet Revolution Cycle Shop
Tyres, Bikes, Brake Pads
Cycle repairs – The Quiet Revolution offers a wide range of bike repair services including:
- General service – tightening, tweaking, alignment, lube, air, etc
- Fitting of new parts such as derailleurs, pedals, chains, gear clusters, shifters, brake pads and levers, brake and gear cables, handlebars and grips, seats, racks, child carriers etc, etc
- Wheel maintenance – wheel truing, replacing or tensioning spokes, lacing new rims, replacing hubs, fitting new tubes and tyres
Martin Langley truing a wheel
Photo: Chloe Langley
Regular mechanic on duty is Martin. Daughter Rita helps out at times when she’s home for a visit. Both Martin and Rita have the latest Shimano advanced mechanic qualifications. You can also find John Michell in the workshop one day a week (sometimes more, sometimes less). John doesn’t have the bits of paper to say so, but he’s also a great bike mechanic with years of experience. While not a bike mechanic, Marie is another regular face for customer service at the Quiet Rev.
Hire bikes – we have bikes to hire for on and off road riding in Golden Bay.
- On road – $25 per day, rigid fork MTBs with slick tyres and some flat-bar cruiser road bikes,
- Off road – $45 per day, mountain bikes with front shocks and off-road tyres.
Other services we offer include:
- Advice about trails and riding, especially in Golden Bay
- Guitar restringing and tuning, and sometimes more advanced repair
- Minor repairs to scooters and skateboards
- Fitting tubes & tyres for baby strollers, wheelbarrows, wheelchairs.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011
, Brake Pads