This page is dedicated to the specific needs and concerns of women, throughout their lives.
Women's health is a rather broad category that covers various aspects of physical, emotional, and mental health issues. Your health is the foundation for all areas of your life, including mental agility, energy, and your physical beauty. Why take a surface approach to wellness, when you can build from the inside out? Western science based medicine treatments can be symptomatic and leave a lot to be desired. Naturopathic medicine has a lot to offer women and has the potential to build excellent health - the body, mind and soul.
Like men, women may neglect their own health and well-being in favour of taking care of the people like their children & family around them. Take the time you need to treat yourself properly and to rebuild yourself. It's like what they tell you on the airplane - put your own oxygen mask on before helping others. It does those around you no good if you get run down and have nothing more to give! The best medicine is preventative medicine, and naturopathic medicine is preventative and holistic by nature.
Women account for three quarters of the patients we see as naturopaths. And therefore we treat all manner of women's concerns like
, menopause, and various complaints like
, infertility, endometriosis, as well as more complex issues such as
We have selected some of the best retail women's formulations here for you, but you will find more under the
with which you will need to login. We have more information available for you as a member, and you can purchase a much wider range of "practitioner-only" formulations.
Naturopathic Medicine Can Benefit Women - 12 Reasons
- Treat the woman and not the disease. You want your treatment to be the best for YOU as a person, and just for someone to treat a disease.
- Drug free.You prefer to use a drug free method of treatment as opposed to an invasive medical procedures and offered potentially toxic pharmaceutical drug prescriptions.
- You want to know your options fully. You want to make informed decisions about your health and not just "take orders" from your doctor. I often find that many women consult me to learn the many options open to them, many are pleasantly surprised to learn that the medical way is not the "highway" to health after all.
- You want to identify and treat the cause and source of your health problems, not just treat the symptoms or mask the condition. Often just treating the symptom leads to other more complex conditions.
- Conventional medical practices are failing you, falling short or you just need a health-care professional that can help you understand how to make informed decisions with your medical doctor.
- Someone who actually listens and doesn't spend just 5 minutes with you, you want a health practitioner that gets to know you and takes the time to understand your health condition(s)and needs.
- The availability of multiple or combined treatment options rather than standard medical advice.
- You want support in improving your lifestyle, stress levels and diet.
- You actually want to prevent disease and/or maintain optimal health and not just treat an illness.
- Side effect concerns. You may be justly concerned about long term side-effects of prescription or chemist's drugs, or unpleasant side effects.
- Your doctor may treat only one symptom to the exclusion of another. You may have a complicated health condition that has been treated by separate doctors for each ailment and you wish to have an integrated analysis/approach.
- Health food shops may confuse you with their vast supplement range. You want help navigating through the health supplementation industry and clarifying claims of marketed health products.
We have chosen Solgar's , an outstanding multi vitamin and mineral product for both men and women.
- a great product for menstrual balance, pre-menstrual emotional and physical support, as well as for menopausal support to address temperature balance and mood swings.
from Solgar is one of the finest retail supplements for women interested in conception, those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Capsules Also called Peruvian Ginseng, Maca is a balancer of the adrenal glands of the body and is used for energy & stamina. Maca supports a healthy fertility cycle & sexual function in both males & females. Maca is widely marketed for supporting healthy male sexual function , female sexual function , and both male and female fertility.