Introducing the Technomad Schedulonâ¢
– the ultimate audio playback / recording system for commercial applications.
The Schedulon offers both instant playback of your MP3 format audio via a convenient knob and screen, and also allows you to schedule sounds for automatic unattended playback – i.e. A bell every day at 08:00, safety announcements every 30 minutes, a special song every Saturday at 10:00, etc. Robust flash-RAM memory (no hard-drive) makes the Schedulon message repeater tough and reliable – and unlike a PC-based solution, it can’t catch a virus or crash due to operating system errors.Â A robust internal Real Time Clock (RTC) ensures accurate time, or use an internet Time Server. The SuperConductor stores 1500 minutes of audio with the included drive, and with larger USB drives it stores over 10 HOURS of audio.
The Schedulon can record audio from its stereo line-in jacks – audio is encoded as high-quality (192kbps) MP3 sound files and assigned to any desired knob location for playback.Â You can also use the recorded sound in a schedule for automatic playback.
The Schedulon integrates with your existing audio systems (i.e. internal building audio systems) using standard line-level cables, or order it with any Technomad . [ Technomad makes complete Carillon systems also -
Load sounds by simply plugging the Schedulon’s USB drive into your computer for fast file transfer – or upload / manage files via Internet /Â LAN connection.Â Or – field-record audio via the Schedulon’s built-in recording function, then schedule the audio for playback or assign to the knob for instant access.
Unlike competing devices, ALL data storage – sounds, knob assignments, settings, and schedules – are stored on one, removable internal USB drive. This means you can ‘clone’ an entire Schedulon setup to a folder on your computer, and even duplicate that folder to new USB drives to create exact working duplicates of a configured Schedulon
You can remotely manage the Schedulon via Internet / LAN connection – upload or delete audio files, edit the schedule, trigger sound playback or recording, make knob assignments and more – using any standard web browser.Â Â Web interface is password protected.
Features & Specifications (v2.14)
- Hatch-protected USB drive (Security Screw option to meet non-removable media requirements)
- Front-Accessible Ethernet jack
- Dimensions: 1.75″ high, 19.5″ wide, 10.5″ deep (1U Rackmount)
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Storage: 2 GB Standard – 1500 minutes of audio at high quality. Unlimited tracks (to memory max). Easy upgrades for more memory.
- All sound files and schedule / knob assignment data are stored on Flash drive for easy removal and ‘cloning’ of the Schedulon if desired.
- File Transfer: Ethernet cable connects to PC, OR by removing USB Flash drive and connecting to PC.
- Standard file format – no proprietary card format, no special audio format.
- Local Recording – record audio directly to any knob position from the Schedulon’s line-in. Integral MP3 encoding keeps audio quality high, file sizes small. Use recorded audio in schedules for automatic playback (see below), and/or play the recorded audio from the assigned knob ‘slot’.
- Scheduling: Unlimited scheduled events – sounds can be automatically played at any time of day on specific days of the week / weekdays / weekends, or at specific days. Sounds can be repeated and looped as part of a schedule. Audio files played from the front knob interrupt scheduled audio (for emergency warnings, etc), but scheduled audio resumes with next event start. Up to 100 lines of scheduling can be created.
- Instant Access: Audio files can be assigned to any of 99 Knob positions – these audio files can be selected from the knob on the front of the unit, and played instantly. Sounds can be set to loop indefinitely, play once through, or play only while the knob is pushed in.
- Ideal upgrade from: Roland AR-100, AR-200, Ar-3000, EV-20R TOA message repeaters, alarm co digital message repeaters, Alcorn-McBride digital audio machine, Sonorous, and other commercial-grade audio playback systems.
- Password-protected front knob lock out
- Remote control of unit (play sounds, stop sound playback) via network CGI-command language
- Edit schedule of units remotely via network
- Upload / delete sounds in unit remotely via network
- Power: 110V AC power
- Inputs: Stereo, 2x RCA jack, 2x screw terminal
- Outputs: Stereo, 2x RCA jack, 2x screw terminal