Radar Subsurface Locating Services
Services we provide:
- Locate metallic and nonmetallic services
- Define depth of services
- Find communications wires and conduits
- Define pipe routes without connecting to the source
- Locate unknown services
- Find utilities without using as-built drawings
- Identify services for avoidance during excavation
- Generate or update subsurface service maps for future planned development
- Clear drilling location for subsurface interferences
- Accurately mark-out services scheduled for repair or replacement
We locate the following Services:
- Fibre Optics
- Sewer & Storm Piping
- Septic Tanks
- Metallic & Non-metallic Piping
We can develop detailed site drawings showing location and profiles of underground services uf required. Our mapping service combines Global Positioning System (GPS) which gives the co-ordinates of surface points, lines and areas, with Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) which locates buried metal and plastic pipes and all types of cables.
Applications of Radar Subsurface Locating
Golf Course Mapping
Our mapping service combines Global Positioning System (GPS) which gives the co-ordinates of surface points, lines and areas, with Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) which locates buried metal and plastic pipes and all types of cables.
In addition to having all the Courses physical records being bought up-to-date in a printed format, the data is automatically stored by us on computer disk.
Grave Location and Cemetery Mapping
- Find unmarked graves at cemeteries and Maori urupa sites
- We can identify the location of vaults and burials when records have been lost
- Discover the boundaries of historic cemeteries
- Forensic Burial Detection
- Detection of Sunken Stones
An Accurate Map
Acquire an accurate map of the burials at your cemetery. Radar Ltd uses an advanced Ground Penetrating Radar to map burials in relation to plots, headstones and other landmarks. Mapping results can be presented in both printed and electronic (CAD) format suitable for merging existing maps or as a standalone reference.
We provide subsurface information to farmers, agricultural contractors and consultants. Having knowledge of where pipes and cables are on a farm can save the farmer important time and money.
- Locate metallic and nonmetallic pipes
- Clay tile and plastic drainage pipes can both be found
- All irrigation pipes and there associated cables (when present) can be located
- Very useful when adding to the current irrigation system or putting in a new water trough
Saltwater Infiltration Detection
In coastal areas, the supply of fresh groundwater can be disrupted by the influx of saltwater into shallow aquifers. GPR is highly sensitive to the presence of saline water. Reflection GPR in coastal areas often can define the boundary between fresh and saline groundwater. This example clearly shows the abrupt boundary between fresh and saline and fresh groundwater.
We can save you time, money and most important of all, too much digging!