Spark has developed the Digital Signature module as a means of capturing a patient and/or provider signatures on appropriate documents created within the Titanium application and retrieve these signed documents from the patients electronic dental record as necessary. The ability to sign documents effectively removes the last barrier to a paperless environment.
Implementation of Digital Signatures in Titanium will give you the capability to store and view signatures associated with a particular document or form, and will meet commonly accepted medico-legal requirements.
- Up to two signatures can be recorded against forms and letters generated in Titanium.
- The true signature data is encrypted against the form or letter, this signature contains forensic information for signature verification if required.
- Additionally, by design, the displayed or printed signature is very “flat” with no stress shading or line width variations. This provides a valuable extra level of biometric and forensic security to a signature.
- The last barrier to fully electronic patient records is removed.
- Opportunities for error are removed as staff no longer need to scan signed documents into the correct patient record.
- Staff time spent managing the processing (scanning, filing, and retrieval) of signed documents can be reassigned.
- High level of security
- Printing costs are reduced as printed copies or duplicate printed copies are no longer necessary. Paper documents cost $.06 per page in printing & supplies alone.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011