Stephenson Murray Physiotherapy - A variety of services to suit every need
Stephenson Murray Physiotherapists
Rehabilitation, Pain Management
What we can help you with
- Back and neck pain/spinal rehabilitation.
- Sports/exercise and recreational injuries
- Work place injuries
- Stroke and traumatic brain injury rehabilitation
- Dizziness – balance and vestibular problems
- Chronic Pain management
How you will be treated
- Manipulative therapy
- Acupuncture Therapeutic massage
- Muscle balance assessment, movement re-training and strengthening
- Self management programmes.
Treatment is discussed and planned individually with each client and progressed to match individual needs. This may include mobilisation, manipulation, soft tissue massage, acupuncture, ultrasound, exercise and education. Treatment will generally include Pilates based exercises. Stephenson Murray also add a wide range of Pilates programs.
The practice gained N.Z. Physiotherapy Scheme Accreditation status in 1992 and is now certified by HDANZ. This means we have quality measures and procedures in place to ensure the highest standard of care. Andrea and Lindsay have gained post graduate Diplomas in Manipulative Therapy. Lindsay is also a registered Physiotherapy Acupuncturist and has a Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation. Andrea is specialized in treating balance and dizziness problems. On-going postgraduate education and analysis of our treatments is carried out as part of our practice standards
Corporate Health and Safety Education Programs
- Ergonomic on site work evaluations, advice and education.
- Occupational gradual process.
- Early intervention
- Accurate diagnosis
- Effective treatment with goals pertinent to your recovery
- Developing a self management programme
- Exercises/Education to maximise recovery
- Understanding chronic pain and “the road to recovery”
- Pacing/graded activity to get back to normal activities
- Coping strategies
- Appropriate pain management
- myofascial release
- soft tissue release
- Handouts for ongoing reference
- Early reporting
- Appropriate exercises to prevent injury in your work place
- Ongoing Education Programs with recorded online seminar sessions
- Consult with and choose the most cost effective ACC Program for your business.
- Safe lifting
- “Band Aid” treatment – what you should do if hurt
- Treatment prevents avoidance of activities and falls due to dizziness
- Exercises aimed at reducing dizziness
- Development of self management programme
- Self treatment of any relapses