A content managed website or CMS (Content Management System) allows site owners to edit pages themselves.
Normally to edit a non-CMS site, you need to be a web developer and know HTML. However a CMS allows a person to edit site pages without
any technical skills via an editor in the administration section of the site. Only basic word processing skills are needed.
This gives site owners the power the change the website at will, adding pages, removing pages without site maintenance
costs being incurred by using a developer's time. This is ideal if you think that your website will change often or will frequently have new content.
We have our own custom made content management system - SNGK CMS, a lightweight, easy to use, fast CMS. SNGK CMS allows you to create and edit content rapidly and easily. It allows basic versioning via
pages being published or unpublished. SNGK CMS produces real, clean human readable urls . This is good for SEO and for users of your site.
Some CMS systems produce long urls with many url parameters which are confusing for users and not ideal for SEO.
SNGK CMS - Features Overview
- Unlimited number of pages
- Page Hierarchy - Pages, sub-pages, sub-sub-pages etc
- Clone Page feature - useful if you have a standard template that you don't want to recreate each time
- Set page to show in top menu and/or side menu and/or site footer
- Publish and unpublish pages
- Image browser - upload, view and delete images on your site
- Embed flash in your pages and other media types
- Customer accounts - sign customers up for newsletters or anything else