A quality infrared inspection program provides refinery and chemical plant operators the information required to make informed, timely decisions concerning necessary repairs or routine maintenance of critical path equipment. Use of such a program can anticipate the unexpected and forewarn of equipment problems that range in severity from inconvenient to catastrophic.
Infrared thermography measures surface temperatures by detecting energy emitted in the infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum. We use infrared cameras to detect this emitted energy and convert the measurements into thermographic images. The technique can be used to observe defects in equipment under operating conditions avoiding unnecessary shut-downs for visual inspection.
Quest Integrity Group has provided infrared inspection services since 1970. We specialize in several infrared inspection applications:
- Electrical - Electrical equipment such as overhead lines, substations, transformers, motor control centers and low and high voltage panels
- Refractory - All refractory lined process equipment
- Tubes - Tubes in virtually every type of furnace
- Decoke Monitoring - Efficiency monitoring and improvement of your steam-air decoke, assuring furnace tubes do not exceed temperature limits and are free of coke
- Tank Levels â Sludge and product level identification and confirmation in non-insulated tanks
- Specialty Projects â Application in new or untried areas
- Proactive risk management
- Reduced risk of unplanned outages and lost production
- Confidence to make informed decisions about scope, timing and coordination of maintenance
- Optimized online production
- Extended run times
- Passive technology
- Visual evidence of hotspots and coking