Powerpac has NZ most comprehensive range of magnetic base drills.
So not to confuse you, but because we know the range of applications and challenges there are, so that we have the machine that is ideally suited for the job on hand.
Alfra is a long established German company that specializes in steel core drilling. So what this means is that the stand and the motor specifications are perfectly matched with the capacity of the tool and that the design is the most advanced. Alfra is one of the few remaining manufacturers that manufacture both the stand and motor, which is a huge plus when ordering parts or a exact same machine in the future.
Alfra have 2 series of magnetic base drills.
The ECO series
which is the base models range with a very basic design, price pointer machines. We have 3 options in this series with a 32,40 & 75mm capacity machines. These models have a excellent reputation having been in use for over 20 years and are still going strong. Excellent machine for site work and the rough operators.
The "RQ" series
is Alfra's elite range. These machines stand out over every other machine on the market for the following reasons.
They are the only machines to have 3 magnetic coils in the base
- Very high magnetic adhesion, suitable for drilling thinner materials.
- As well as the movement that the spoke handles provide you have the adjustable throat depth feature which means that you can easily use a full size 13mm twist drill with a chuck.
- Rota-quick, Rapid clamp cutter system for tooless cutter change.
- Sloping cntrol panel for easy access from both sides.
- Solid brass double dovetail system for excellent rigidity and guidance
The new V32 series
, a machine for those tight, restricted space areas. With a capacity of 32mm dia though 25mm plate is amazing for a machine that is only 187mm high! A ratchet system for feeding which can be used from both sides and a machine that is completely made by Alfra.