Bio-Sponge™ is an intestinal protectant designed to help support healthy intestinal function. This formula has substantial capacity to adsorb toxins, viruses, bacteria and free radicals. A university study showed that Bio-Sponge adsorbed 99% of clostridium difficile and clostridium perfringens toxins in vitro. It is widely used to support healthy gastrointestinal function in foals. Now administration of this highly effective intestinal adsorbent is easy with the release of Bio-Sponge™ Paste in convenient individual dose syringes.
|Size ||Servings ||Price |
|1.8 kg ||14 || $103.50 |
|9.53 kg ||72 || $276.00 |
Recommendations for Use
*Discontinue if there is no noticeable improvement after 7 days of use.
- Healthy newborn foals: For best results, following an adequate intake of colostrum administer 30cc of Bio-Sponge™ Paste or 3 tablespoons (27.6g) of Bio-Sponge™ Powder mixed with 30cc of water 6 hours after the foal first nurses the mare. Administer twice daily for 6 days or as directed by your veterinarian.
- Foals with intestinal disturbances* For best results, following an adequate intake
of colostrum administer 30-60cc of Bio-Sponge Paste or 3 tablespoons (27.6g) of
Bio-Sponge Powder mixed with 30cc of water 2-4 times daily or as directed by your
veterinarian. Discontinue use 1 day after intestinal disturbances resolve.
- Adult horses with intestinal disturbances*: Administer 120cc of Bio-Sponge Paste or one
4 oz. scoop (97.5g) of powder twice daily or as directed by your veterinarian.
- Adult horses with acute colitis*: (Veterinary use only): Based on 1,000lb horse, administer 1 lb. (approximately 5 level 4oz scoops) powder mixed in 3 liters of water by stomach tube once every 6-12 hours until the diarrhea resolves. Amount per dose can be decreased in less severe cases.
- Active ingredients per scoop (97.5 g)
- Di-Tri-Octahedral Smectite 97,500 mg
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011