- The shoots grow above the plant so they can catch the sunlight - It is this quick growth which gives the stems their attractive green colour, sweet taste and tender texture.
- Kids love Slenderstems - it’s true! Taste tests have shown children love the fact that Slenderstems are sweeter, crunchier and visually more appealing than traditional broccoli.
- Slenderstems should be bright green in colour.
- 10 -13cm in length, with a firm small floret head.
- Slenderstems store up to 8 days refrigerated.
Broccoli is considered the “Jewel of Nutrition” - it has as much calcium ounce per ounce as milk and contains important phytochemicals: beta-carotene, indoles and isothiocyanates. Phytochemicals prevent carcinogens (cancer causing substances) from forming and help boost enzymes that detoxify carcinogens.
Slenderstems are rich in Vitamins A & C and High in Calcium, Fibre and Folic acid, Enzyme Booster, Bone Strengthener and Anaemia buster.
Blanche Slenderstems in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, add salt and pepper.
Eat raw, grill, microwave or BBQ.