Perfect Produce - Bok Choi
Shanghai Bok Choi is thought to be the oldest of Asian greens and has been cultivated in China since at least the 5th Century. It is a member of the Chinese cabbage family, but it is smaller and has wider leaves.
Bok Choi’ce is succulent and crunchy - It is the most irresistible member of the cabbage family.
- Mild taste is a little similar to spinach or silverbeet.
- Can be eaten on its own or in other dishes such as stir-fries and soups.
- Also known as "baby bok choi."
- Shanghai bok choi is available throughout the year.
- Select firm stalks with crisp, fresh leaves.
- Best eaten when fresh.
- Store in the refrigerator, in plastic for 2 to 3 days.
- No fat, no cholesterol and rich in Vitamins A & C.
- Steam, sauté or stir-fry Bok Choi’ce (2-3mins) or mix into a salad.