Property Managers Rentals Dunedin Otago Property Management Works - guarantee of service
Property Management Works
If during the term of our agreement/agency we fail to perform to
the following agreed defined standards we accept your right to
terminate our agency agreement providing notice in writing by you
has been received by us to rectify the concerns within seven
We commit to you in writing that we will perform the following
duties when managing your property.
- We will erect a 'For Rent' sign at your property within 2
working days of listing (if signs are
- We will place a listing for your property on all the real
estate websites that we subscribe to and each listing will include
at least 3 photographic images of the property.
- Your property will be accurately described and
- We will conduct an unlimited number of private viewings
of your property until the property is leased (subject to access
provided to us by any current occupant).
- All property viewings will be carried out by one of our
representatives (we do not give out keys to prospective
- We will update you on the status of your available
property at least once each week.
- All information and references provided by tenancy
applicants will be verified by us within 1 working day of
- All tenancy applicants will be screened by
- We will lease your property for the rental amount
nominated in the Management Agency Agreement between us (or higher
if the market justifies it) and the property will not be leased for
a lower amount without your prior approval.
- Subject to the tenancy commencement date and the tenant's
availability, we will prepare the tenancy documentation within 2
working days of tenancy approval.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- We will follow up all rent payments in accordance
- our fully documented arrears process, and
- the requirements of the relevant legislation
- We start the termination process immediately a rent
payment is missed.
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will
keep you informed throughout the legal process.
- You will be advised once the rent arrears have been paid
by the tenant.
- We will deposit all monies collected, less our fees and any
approved creditor invoices into your nominated bank account either
twice a month (mid month and end month) or once a month (end of
month). If these days fall on a weekend or public holiday payment
will always be made on the next business day.
- All non urgent repair requests from tenants will be
attended to within 2 working days of receipt.
- We will arrange all repairs to your property and advise
you, unless you instruct otherwise.
- We will attend to any "urgent" repair requests within 4
hours of receipt as defined as "urgent" under the Residential
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best
pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- We will only use appropriately licensed and insured
tradespeople for any repairs or maintenance work to your
- We will provide you with a copy of invoices for all work
arranged on your behalf for the property.
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property 90 days
prior to its expiry.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, we will offer the tenant a
renewal of tenancy agreement for the same period as the initial
agreement at the same rent (or a higher rent if the market
- You will be advised if the tenant does not want to renew their
- We will carry out at least 4 periodic inspection of your
property each year and provide you with a detailed report each
- On receipt of vacating notice, we will:
- advise by phone, letter, fax or email, confirming the details to
both you and the tenant
- list the property on our website & put the agreed
advertising plan into effect within 1 working day
- prepare all necessary vacating documentation
- arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants
- A pre-vacating inspection will be carried out to check
for any potential problems with the property.
- After the tenant vacates the property:
- process the tenant's rental bond refund within 4 working
- if deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary,
full details will be provided to both you and the tenant
- complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond
within a further 2 working days.
- All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your
behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of
- Your Rent Statement will be personally checked by our
Senior Property Manager prior to being forwarded to
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and
Expenditure Statement within 30 days of the end of the Financial
- Our office hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm 5 days per week and
after hours by arrangement
- We will respond to:
telephone messages | within 4 hours
| within 24 hours
fax | within 24 hours
mail | within 48 hours
- We will promptly advise you of any pertinent matters
affecting your property or the tenancy.
- All complaints will be formally recorded and responded to
within 2 working days.
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise
- We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and
- All property condition reports will be comprehensively and
- Copies of all documents that we sign on your behalf as agent
will be forwarded to you (unless you instruct otherwise).
- All personal information will be held in the strictest
confidence and will not be released to a third party without
- All updates and corrections advised to us will be recorded in
our system within 1 working day.
- The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional
practice will be conducted in compliance with the Code of Ethics of
the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand