On this page
Document delivery forms
What is Document Delivery and Interloan?
Document delivery enables you to obtain books and journal articles not held in the University of Otago Library from other libraries in New Zealand or overseas to support your research and teaching activities.
Interloans refers to borrowed materials, whereas Document delivery includes copies to keep. However, the two terms are often used interchangeably.
How do I request an Interloan?
- Provide as much detail as possible and avoid abbreviations, include page numbers for journal articles and chapter requests.
- Use a separate form for each item
- Include the source of your reference if possible i.e. Google Scholar, Academic Search Complete database
How much does it cost?
- All copy requests are FREE.
- All items available in New Zealand and Australia are FREE.
- Overseas Loans (not available in NZ or Australia) - $25.
- Urgent requests – please consult Document Delivery staff.
- Costs can be charged to a department, research grant or paid for personally.
How long will it take?
- Urgent requests – If you need a request in a hurry you can place an Urgent request. Urgent requests take priority over other document delivery requests and are usually supplied within 24 hours for copies or 2- 4 working days for loans. There is a $25 charge for Urgent requests.
Who can use Document Delivery?
- University of Otago staff.
- Currently enrolled University of Otago students.
- Some external users are eligible to use the service. This is dependent on Memorandums of Understandings or Service Agreements.
- Articles may only be requested for private research, teaching or study purposes
- Only one article from an issue of a journal may be requested at one time, or two articles if they are on the same topic.
22 April, 2010
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011