ADA is a specialist service for those investigating and developing self-employment, or a small business.
We have over 20 years experience mentoring, coaching and supporting individuals and groups in Dunedin arts, cultural, social work, environmental and community development work.
Our strengths are proven with arts and cultural enterprises. We have successfully supported 100s of artists, musicians, designers, jewelers, sculptors, writers, performers and others to launch their professional careers.
- career planning
- professional development advice and training
- business development coaching and mentoring
ADA is committed to a client centered and whanau centered approach in its work. We engage openly with our clients and work from their strengths to prepare strategies and plans that meet their goals and aspirations. We support clients to build networks, systems and relationships that will provide lasting support.
When to use us
- If you are starting to trade, selling your services or your products, and believe you could make a living from your work or a combination of employment and self-employment.
- If you have recently graduated from training or are changing direction with your work and want support planning the next moves with your career.
How to use us
- Let your Case Manager at Work and Income know that you would like to be referred to ADA to investigate self-employment and get support preparing a business plan.
- Approach us directly for a meeting to discuss your ideas for self-employment and we will discuss ways we can work with you.
What you will get
- With a formal referral through Work and Income you will be supported to prepare a detailed business plan that includes goal setting, business development strategies, marketing strategies, relationship building advice and planning, financial planning and administration, business management planning, fundraising advice and other needs. This business plan can be used as an application for Enterprise Allowance.
- Any parts of the above to meet your needs and budget.