Glassblowing Supplies - Firing Schedules for Glass: The Kiln Companion IFSG-BK
Olympic Color Rods
Glass, Glass Blowing
Firing Schedules for Glass by Graham Stone, provides firing schedules in the form required for computers and digital kiln controllers, but the information is also extremely relevant for "manual" firings. By taking the guesswork out of glass firing and making it easier to select the right schedule for any circumstance, this book is an invaluable tool for the glass artist.Firing Schedules for Glass is divided into 3 parts. The first contains the fundamentals of glass firing, essential for effective use of the schedules. The schedules themselves constitute the second part of the book and the third features technical data to facilitate studio glass understanding and practice.* Over 100 pages of firing schedules, formulated for both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
* Rates for heating glass up, as well as cooling down.
* Contains information for most types of glass, from float to major art glass manufacturers.
* Offers schedules based on glass thickness, on firing time, and on type of firing.
* In addition to kiln-based schedules, also includes schedules for glass blowing and lampworking.
* Contains an additional 100 pages of technical background information.
* Incorporates an extensive glossary, bibliography, and index.
, Glass Blowing