Design and Construction
Oldfields undertakes all forms of commercial roading. We will design and construct all of your road to controlling authority requirements.
- site inspection
- kerbing works
- street lighting
- pavement marking
- grass berms
At Oldfields, we specialise in roading maintenance contracts. We can carry out maintenance contracts for Local Authorities, Transit New Zealand and private clients. We have the resources and capabilities to carry out the following:
- inspection and programming
- pot hole repairs
- kerbing repairs
- drainage repairs and upgrades
- berm - verge mowing
- weed control
- pavement remarks
- road sign & edgemarker replacement
- any maintenance activities
Oldfields has a team of experienced and registered drain layers to carry out a wide range of drainage works to meet individual site requirements. All work complies with the relevant Local Authority requirements. We can undertake:
- culvert and headwell construction
- subsoil drainage
- sump and soakpit construction
- commercial type soakpit construction
- general drainlaying
- any other form of drainage requirements
- design of drainage systems
Sealing and Asphalting
Oldfields have specialised in the production and application of road surfacing treatments for more than 50 years. We are ISO 9002 certified for the production and application of surfacing products and treatments. We can carry out the following:
- Resealing of existing sealed surfaces with bitumen, emulsion and polymer modified materials.
- First coat sealing of new surfaces with bitumen, emulsion and polymer modified materials.
- Provide a variety of chipseal options including: single coats, multi coats, dry locks, wet locks, texturising seals, sandwich seals.
- Oldfields carry out blending, storage and heating operations at our Masterton and Nelson depots.
- Production and supply of a large variety of asphalt mixes in various sizes include dense graded asphalt, Opus graded asphalt and Macadam's.
- Construction of asphalt surfacings using various methods such as paver, hand and grader laying.
- Production facilities are located in our Masterton depot.
Oldfields has long been known for their wide range of quality aggregate products for roading and surfacing.
Aggregate is available from our Masterton depots at Waingawa, Te Ore Ore and South Wairarapa Parsons site as well as from various contract sites.
The following are available in commercial and trade quantities and by public sale at our weighbridge depots:
|ROADING ||SURFACING |
|AP40 (M4) basecourse - to Transit New Zealand specifaction ||Grade 3 Chip |
|AP20 topcourse - to Transit New Zealand specifaction ||Grade 4 Chip |
|65 Crushed sub basecourse ||Grade 5 Chip |
|Drainage pebbles ||Grade 6 Chip |
|Boulders ||Crusher Dust |
|Maintainance metal ||Running Coat |
Quotes for large quantities are encouraged.