Why Choose Hospice? | Northland Hospice & Palliative
Palliative Care, Hospice, Support Groups
Why Choose Northland Hospice and Palliative Care?
In a recent survey of our patients’ families, 100% of caregivers who responded said they would recommend Northland Hospice and Palliative Care to others. Here’s why:
- Our individualized, patient- and family-centered care is based on the principles of comfort, dignity, and choice.
- Patients receive professional medical, emotional, and spiritual support in the familiar comfort of their homes. Our board-certified hospice and palliative physicians and fully credentialed interdisciplinary team of nurses, nursing assistants, chaplain, social worker, and counselor make house calls.
- If you are certified for hospice care, Medicare and Medicaid (and many private insurance plans) will pay for items not normally covered by the regular Medicare and Medicaid programs, which means hospice could save you money. These items include the cost of medications related to the patient’s hospice diagnosis and durable medical equipment such as electric beds, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Intensive around-the-clock care is available at the Olivia White Hospice Home.
- There is a nurse on-call 24 hours a day to answer questions and assist with symptom management.
- Our 100+ highly trained volunteersoffer extra assistance and complementary therapies such as massage and music to enhance comfort and peace.
- Our experienced counselor provide support and guidance to patients’ family and friends as they prepare for and cope with the death of someone important to them. This includes 13 months ofbereavement support following the death of a hospice patient.
- We offer a large variety of support groupsto help children, teens, and adults work through the process of integrating grief into their lives at their own pace—whether or not their loved one was our patient.
- We provide educational resourcesand presentations on end-of-life topics that are tailored to meet specific individual or organizational needs.
- Northland Hospice is a non-profit organization that is generously supported by our community, enabling terminally ill patients to receive care regardless of their ability to pay and extensive educational and grief support options for everyone in the community.
, Interdisciplinary Team
, Palliative Care
, Private Insurance
, Spiritual Support
, Support Groups