Boundary marking & monumentation surveys

By: Nicklin Surveying  06-Dec-2011
Keywords: Resource Management, Boundary Marking, Cadastral Surveyors

Part of an old survey plan in Whitehall area, near Cambridge. Special skills are required in interpreting data off these old plans.

Boundary marking or redefinition surveys (called "monumentation surveys" in Landonline) are required in both the urban and rural areas.  This work must be carried out or supervised by a Licenced Cadastral Surveyor with an Annual Practicing certificate. 

A surveyor's role in a boundary marking survey is to retrace the tracks of the original surveyor and place the boundary marks in their original position.  The cost of a boundary remarking survey depends on the age and complexity of the underlying surveys.  Some old surveys have no metal marks and the old pegs have since rotted away or have been disturbed or removed. Such surveys are difficult and time consuming.  Licenced Cadastral Surveyors are trained to carry out these surveys.

Make sure that the fence you erect in a residential areas is on the correct boundary.

Contact Nicklin Surveying & Resource Management for your boundary marking survey.

Due to recent changes to the Surveyor Generals Rules 2010, the Survey Act and the introduction of LandOnLine, we have to prepare plans of all boundary marking surveys.  This is a statutory requirement.  The additional work entails the preparation of plans and submitting them into LandOnLine along with a survey plan lodging fee.  These costs are included in the estimates provided by Nicklin Surveying & Resource Management for any boundary marking survey.

Keywords: Boundary Marking, Cadastral Surveyors, Resource Management

Contact Nicklin Surveying

Email - none provided

Print this page

Other products and services from Nicklin Surveying


Nicklin Surveying & Resource Management - Land Development Consultants

As well as our standard land surveying skills, we are trained in Resource Management, Project Management, Civil Engineering and a host of other areas. Planning advice - Resource Management Act. Land transfer surveys and Subdivision.


Planning advice - Resource Management Act

In other words, the Councils will reject the application if it is in the incorrect format, contains vague information, does not contain the necesary consultations, has unclear plans etc. Due to the processing time frames imposed on Council's under the Act, most Councils will reject applications that do not contain the correct information under s88 of the Act.


Land transfer surveys and Subdivision

To train as a surveyor is no trivial undertaking - it requires a 4-year university degree and a period of several years practicing under the control of a Licenced Cadastral Surveyor along with sitting an extensive set of assignments and interview before the Cadastral Licencing Board.