Layer 2 Ethernet Service
Our Ethernet service is delivered over fibre optic cable and operates at the layer 2 level of the OSI model. It is the 'rawest' form of ethernet and is designed as a building block for ICT organsations to use to create customer specifc products.
Presently three bandwidths are available to suit your needs and our cloud extends from Motueka through Nelson / Richmond and onto Blenheim and Picton.
Dark fibre is unlit fibre optic cable. This premium product is available for lease to those who require serious data transfer capability, or who wish to operate their own networks.
A number of established service providers use thelink to deliver services to the end user. These services include:
- Backups – Fibre optic backups allow masses of information to be moved off site on a regular basis in a short amount of time. Businesses using these services have the security of knowing their data is backed up and safe.
- Telephony services – Our telephony partners are innovative and responsive to your needs. From advanced functionality, to competitive pricing, our partners can deliver what you want.
- Across town Ethernet – Extend your LAN affordably and without data charges with site onan ‘across town Ethernet’ connection. LAN-like speeds can be achieved across multiple sites allowing many offices to become one, and centralising their IT functions.
- Internet access – Our ISP partners provide a range of internet access services which can be purchased in their own or bundled with other services. All our internet access is fibre optic so offers much more than standard access, including more bandwidth and decreased latency.
- Data centre services – Data centres allow your precious data files and applications to be held in a safe, dedicated hosting facility. Fibre optic connectivity means you have access at LAN-like speed.