Refits are a Dickson Marine specialty.
New Zealand’s favourable exchange rates, tax free status for work carried out on overseas boats, skill base and global expertise evidenced by its international yachting reputation, give Dickson Marine a head start over the competition.
Add to this our geographical location in Nelson on the edge of the fabulous cruising grounds of Tasman Bay, an area with an enviable climate and lifestyle, and you have a pretty compelling reason to bring your boat to Dickson Marine for your next refit.
And we are easy to get to – Sail direct from Fiji, Noumea, Tonga to
Here are some more of the reasons you would want to entrust your next refit to us.
- Indoor capacity of 90 ft (27m) for refits and boat building
- Our staff are skilled in a variety of materials including timber, fibreglass and composite construction
- The variety of inhouse skills such as painting, fairing, electrical, laying teak floors, cabinet making, rigging
- We will work in with and coordinate any other contractors you have engaged to work on your vessel.
- The solid marine industry infrastructure, all in close proximity (walking distance) to our yard and the marina due primarily to the fact that Nelson is New Zealand’s largest fishing port.
- Our prime location with our own haulout facility right on the marina
- The proximity of our facility and the marina to Nelson CBD (walking distance), with its shopping, art, restaurants and numerous other attractions.
- We can arrange for a rental car to be available or alternatively we can arrange for transport to the airport.
- We can arrange accommodation ashore
- We have ablution and laundry facilities available in the yard for the use of our customers.
- Our competitive rates
- Our dedication to quality
- Our friendly and helpful staff who are always ready to provide assistance or advice
- Our emphasis on service
If you are unable to bring your boat to us let us arrange for very competent crew to bring your boat to us.
Call us now for information, or get a free quote.
+64 3 546 9024
Let us make your next refit a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
Repairs and Maintenance
Our skilled staff can carry out almost every kind of repair! Whether you:
- have had an unfortunate accident
- osmosis has crept up on your boat
- you’ve got rot or osmosis
- your equipment and fittings have worn, or
- if your furler needs a repair
- your rigging needs attention
- you need anodes fitted
- your sanitation system needs attention
- want to replace your engine
Whatever your maintenance requirements we are ready to assist!
Dickson Marine are the people to call
0800 22 11 50 or 03 546 9024
We work closely with insurers and assessors to ensure that you get your boat restored to its previous condition as quickly as possible.
Call us with your enquiries on 0800 22 11 50.