Who’s It For?
What happens on the day?
On the day you’ll be greeted by the School Liaison who will introduce you to your buddy for the day. Your buddy will be a current NMIT student studying in the area you’re interested in, who’ll show you around for the day. Together you’ll attend lectures, classes and workshops. They’ll answer any questions you have and introduce you to tutorial staff. You’ll also get the chance to have a campus tour, have a study support session, and to meet the student support team.
What will it cost me?
Not a thing. All you have to do is arrange your own transport.
How do I enrol?
Fill in an application form then get it signed by your parents and your school's Careers Advisor. The Careers Advisor will assess whether you're suitable for Student For A Day and whether you meet the criteria, then they’ll pass on that information to us. Soon after that, the NMIT School Liaison will visit you at school to talk about what to expect from the day. Once all this has happened, NMIT will send you out a letter to confirm everything.
Both NMIT and your school’s Careers Advisor need to consider whether you’ll be a good match for this programme. This is the criteria they use to make their decision:
- Are you genuinely interested in this programme?
- Do or will you meet the entry requirements for the programme?
- Is there a STAR funded course that would meet your needs?
- Have you filled in the enrolment form and gained school and parental permission to be absent from school for a day?
Once the criteria are met, both you and your school’s Careers Advisor are sent a letter detailing:
- The date, day and time of the programme day.
- Who your buddy will be.
- The name of the tutor you’ll be seeing, and
- Where to come in the morning.
For more information and an application form talk to your school Careers Advisor.