Centralizing our raters and managing them in real time makes it technically feasible to continuously train, monitor, and calibrate the entire rater cohort. This level of standardization is not logistically feasible with a large group of raters in unconnected study sites.
- The higher the ICC, the higher the study power and the lower the sample size required
MedAvante’s Remote Centralized Ratings service addresses issues of baseline score inflation and expectancy bias by providing the services of expert, clinical raters working remotely from a central location.
Centralized remote expert raters continuously train to highest inter-rater reliability (ICC) in industry
- Remote central expert raters are "blind" to enrollment criteria and uninfluenced by familiarity with the site, visit order and patient expectations
The results of centralized and calibrated expert raters are impressive:
- Delivers the patient population - and maintains it - exactly as in protocol
- Gain access to subjects at investigative sites without CNS professionals
- Reduce overall number of raters employed to reduce variability
- Enable highest possible quality control throughout study
- Ensure highest possible reliability, accuracy - without any drift
- Increase study power or enable smaller sample size
- Enhance signal detection and separation of drug from placebo
The result for sponsors is the highest level of certainty in maximizing the value proposition for their CNS products and delivering effective therapies for treating debilitating CNS diseases.
Remote Centralized Ratings coupled with CQC is an ideal solution for a global clinical trial.