At Lockwood, we’ve always believed that living with natural wood is by far the healthiest way. And we’ve stayed true to this notion through the thousands of homes we‘ve built for Kiwi families since opening our doors more than 55 years ago, all the while refining and perfecting the famous Lockwood system.
Here are the facts in brief:
- A solid wood home has a significant thermal mass, meaning that very little energy is required to heat, cool and ventilate it.
- Solid wood’s natural insulation qualities, combined with high heat capacity, provide a stable, comfortable wall surface temperature.
- Solid wood naturally breathes, controlling humidity within the home.
- Solid wood is strong yet flexible, allowing it to safely weather cyclones and earthquakes.
- Baywood Homes Marlborough Limited can work with our Design Range Plan, your custom home design or a mix of both.